Monday, February 20, 2006

Got a song for you... no tune ...are you listening?



Ding Dong
Pussy’s…
Well…
Streets are empty
Streets are wet
And what’s the bet
When I get home
She’s in bed
…somewhere
I can’t write music
I can’t sing
Can’t hold a note
Although I’ve been told
That I really do hum
Very well
But
It’s not enough
It doesn’t cut the mustard
So
I wrote a song
Folksy and blue
About
A bloke like me
A girl like you
Not exactly breaking
New ground
With sound
Anyway
Even if she is
Very young
I am very old
But
You didn’t know
Until you were told
So
This is her song
what’s Wrong
With that?

Song

Nothing moving
Nothing changing
J’est disapproving
j’est rearranging
Everything’s going to stay the same
and we’ll go on playin’ the same …..
Old game
Nothing blowin’
Nothing shakin’
Can’t help knowing just can’t help takin’
Everything’s going to stay the same
and we’ll go on playin’ the same…..
Old game

Nothing doing
Nothing shaping
Words keep spewin’ reels keep tapin’
We all know it just the same
yeah we all know it’s just the same
yeah we all know it’s just the same
yeah we all know it’s just the same
Cos’ everything’s going to stay the same
and we’ll go on playin’ the same…..Old game

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why change something if it's good: novelty can be very disappointing! If it's bad, well, do something about it. Not a poem, but an observation.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home